Hot and humid days call for no-bake cheesecakes, as refreshing as they are easy to whip up (no oven time required!)
Drawn from The Foodhall Cookbook, Pooja Dhingra’s recipe really ups the ante with Foodhall’s signature panache. This no-fuss dessert shapes up with a crushed biscuit base, topped off with cream cheese, wasabi (yes, really!) and a white chocolate filling. The heat from the wasabi is balanced out by the white chocolate, making for a nuanced dessert layered with complex flavours!
White Chocolate And Wasabi Cheesecake
For The Crust:
- 200 gm digestive biscuits
- 3¼ tbsp / 50 gm butter
- 3¼ tbsp / 50 gm caster sugar
For The Filling:
- 13 tbsp / 200 gm Philadelphia cream cheese
- 13 tbsp / 200gm condensed milk
- 6½ tbsp / 100ml whipped cream* (have a read here, for home hacks for whipping up your own whipped cream)
- 1 tbsp / 15ml lemon juice
- 5 tbsp / 75ml melted white chocolate
- 1 tsp / 5gm wasabi paste
- 1¾ tbsp / 25gm gelatin
- ¼ cup / 60ml water
For the crust
- Crumble the digestive biscuits with a rolling pin or food processor.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat. Add the digestive biscuit crumbs and caster sugar; mix well.
- Bake at 165°C / 330°F for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool.
For the filling
- Whisk the cream cheese and condensed milk with a blender.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream until thick. Then add it to the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in the lemon juice. Gently mix in the melted chocolate and wasabi paste till properly combined.
- Mix the gelatin with the water and heat gently, stirring all the time until the gelatin dissolves properly. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain it through a sieve.
- Add the cooled gelatin in a thin stream to the mix, making sure to whisk well so that there are no lumps. Pour this into the prepared tin. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
THE FOODHALL COOKBOOK
Curated by India’s leading gourmet and lifestyle store, Foodhall India, The Foodhall Cookbook brings together a medley of globe-trotting recipes from a roster of well-known and much-loved chefs in the country. All ingredients are available at Foodhall India.
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: