Made with an Oreo crust and a tangy cream cheese filling, this no-fuss pie is deliciously-easy to whip up, with no oven time required. The perfect treat for all cookies and cream lovers – Pooja Dhingra‘s recipe from The Foodhall Cookbook really is the ideal summer dessert!
No-Bake Oreo Pie
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes + overnight
Makes: 1 (8-inch pie)
For the crust:
- 200 gm Oreo cookies
- 3 1/4 tbsp / 50 ml melted butter
- 5 tsp / 25 gm caster sugar
For the filling:
- 15 tbsp / 225 gm Philadelphia cream cheese
- Cream of Oreo cookies
- 6 1/2 tbsp / 100 gm caster sugar
- 6 1/2 tbsp / 100 ml whipped cream
- 1 tsp / 5 ml lemon juice
- For the crust, remove the cream from the cookies and keep in a separate bowl. Crush the cookies and set 50 gm aside for the filling. Mix together 150 gm of the crushed cookies with the melted butter and caster sugar till sticky. Spread it evenly over an 8-inch springform tin. Use the back of a spoon to press it down and smoothen it out. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until hard.
- For the filling, whisk the cream cheese, Oreo cookie cream and caster sugar till combined. In a separate bowl, whip the cream till stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mix. Fold in the lemon juice and 50 gm of crushed Oreos.
- Pour over the chilled crust and refrigerate overnight until firmly set.
Chef’s Tip: Some mint essence can be added to the filling if one feels like experimenting a little.
Curated by India’s leading gourmet and lifestyle store, Foodhall India, The Foodhall Cookbook brings together a medley of globe-trotting recipes from a roster of well-known and much-loved chefs in the country. | You can also explore more recipes by Foodhall, here.
Stay ahead of the curve. Sign up to our newsletter for a bi-monthly bulletin on the latest word in food, travel, culture, life and style… Click here to subscribe.