What’s not to love about a chocolate fondant?
The lovechild of chocolate pudding and a soufflé, with puddles of melted chocolate creating a deliciously gooey centre, this dessert is surprisingly easy to rustle up and never fails to impress! Borrowed from The Foodhall Cookbook, Pooja Dhingra’s recipe comes topped off with a generous amount of raspberry jam on top too…
Dark Chocolate Fondant With Raspberry Jam
- 13 tbsp / 200 gm dark chocolate
- 13 tbsp / 200 gm butter
- 10 tbsp / 150 gm caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp / 60 gm refined flour
- 4 tbsp / 20 gm raspberry jam
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a hot water bath or in the microwave.
- Add the caster sugar and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Then add the eggs, one by one, whisking well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour and pour the batter into 4 greased ramekins. Bake in a 200°C / 390°F preheated oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Take the ramekins out and put 1 tsp of raspberry jam in the centre of each. Return the ramekins back to the oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes or until the edges are cooked but the centre remains wobbly.
THE FOODHALL COOKBOOK
Curated by India’s leading gourmet and lifestyle store, Foodhall India, The Foodhall Cookbook brings together a medley of globe-trotting recipes from a roster of well-known and much-loved chefs in the country. All ingredients are available at Foodhall India.
BROWSE MORE RECIPES FROM FOODHALL
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Browse More Recipes
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: