What’s not to love about a chocolate fondant?
The lovechild of chocolate pudding and a soufflé, with puddles of melted chocolate creating a deliciously gooey centre, this dessert is surprisingly easy to rustle up and never fails to impress! Borrowed from The Foodhall Cookbook, Pooja Dhingra’s recipe comes topped off with a generous amount of raspberry jam on top too…
Dark Chocolate Fondant with Raspberry Jam
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4-5 minutes
Makes: 4 medium sized ramekins
- 13 tbsp/ 200 gm dark chocolate
- 13 tbsp/ 200 gm butter
- 10 tbsp/ 150 gm caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp/ 60 gm refined flour
- 4 tbsp/ 20 gm raspberry jam
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a hot water bath or in the microwave.
- Add the caster sugar and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Then add the eggs, one by one, whisking well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour and pour the batter into 4 greased ramekins. Bake in a 200°C / 390°F preheated oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Take the ramekins out and put 1 tsp of raspberry jam in the centre of each. Return the ramekins back to the oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes or until the edges are cooked but the centre remains wobbly.
- Remove and serve hot.
THE FOODHALL COOKBOOK
Curated by India’s leading gourmet and lifestyle store, Foodhall India, The Foodhall Cookbook brings together a medley of globe-trotting recipes from a roster of well-known and much-loved chefs in the country. All ingredients are available at Foodhall India.
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries