Who doesn’t love a good tiramisu? The dessert literally means “pick-me-up” in Italian! If you fancy experimenting with this simple yet elegant dessert, India’s macaron Queen, Pooja Dhingra is putting a creative spin on this timeless classic. Hello: Tiramisu-Style Nutella Mousse!
The startlingly-simple recipe is drawn from The Foodhall Cookbook – a globe-trotting medley of recipes from a roster of well-known and much-loved chefs in the country, curated by India’s leading gourmet and lifestyle store, Foodhall India.
Here Pooja shows us how to whip together a creamy cross between a traditional tiramisu and a Nutella flavoured coffee mousse. To finish, dust the cups off with cocoa powder and chopped hazelnuts for an elevated spin on everyone’s favourite desserts.
Tiramisu-Style Nutella Mousse
- 350 gm mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) strong black coffee
- 13 tbsp (200 gm) Nutella
- 6½ tbsp (100 ml) whipped cream
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- A few Bustaan hazelnuts, chopped, roasted, for garnishing
- Whisk together the mascarpone cheese and black coffee into a smooth mixture. Add the Nutella and whisk again to make sure it is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipped cream till stiff peaks form. Fold into the Nutella-cheese mix.
- Pour the mousse into individual glasses or in a big bowl. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight for 8 hours.
- Dust the mousse with some cocoa powder and serve chilled garnished with chopped hazelnuts.
browse more recipes by Foodhall
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Browse More Recipes
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox:
Need some snack recipes for school
Which brand of cream have you used for this recipe?