Who doesn’t love a good tiramisu? The dessert literally means “pick-me-up” in Italian! If you fancy experimenting with this simple yet elegant dessert, India’s macaron Queen, Pooja Dhingra is putting a creative spin on this timeless classic. Hello: Tiramisu-Style Nutella Mousse!
The startlingly-simple recipe is drawn from The Foodhall Cookbook – a globe-trotting medley of recipes from a roster of well-known and much-loved chefs in the country, curated by India’s leading gourmet and lifestyle store, Foodhall India.
Here Pooja shows us how to whip together a creamy cross between a traditional tiramisu and a Nutella flavoured coffee mousse. To finish, dust the cups off with cocoa powder and chopped hazelnuts for an elevated spin on everyone’s favourite desserts.
Tiramisu-Style Nutella Mousse
- 350 gm mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) strong black coffee
- 13 tbsp (200 gm) Nutella
- 6½ tbsp (100 ml) whipped cream
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- A few Bustaan hazelnuts, chopped, roasted, for garnishing
- Whisk together the mascarpone cheese and black coffee into a smooth mixture. Add the Nutella and whisk again to make sure it is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipped cream till stiff peaks form. Fold into the Nutella-cheese mix.
- Pour the mousse into individual glasses or in a big bowl. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight for 8 hours.
- Dust the mousse with some cocoa powder and serve chilled garnished with chopped hazelnuts.
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.