With over 1.5m views on reels (and counting!) this breakfast egg quesadilla hack has upped the ante as part of my ongoing Breakfast Club series.
For those unfamiliar with the trending egg quesadilla hack, it essentially involves placing a soft tortilla over eggs whilst they are cooking. Doing so melds the tortilla and eggs as one before the tortilla is flipped over, landing neatly at the bottom. You finish by adding anything else you wish over the almost-fully cooked eggs. Fold the tortilla into a classic quesadilla shape and breakfast is ready.
This particular recipe takes my scallion fried eggs as the base, elevating the combination with a smattering of sauces – soy sauce, mayonnaise and hot sauce! The result is a crunchy quesadilla, crispy on the outside but dripping with a saucy burst of flavours that are part creamy, part spicy. The best part? It all comes together in under five minutes, I promise!
Steps Required For This Breakfast Egg Quesadilla Hack
- We start by making a quick-fix chilli oil base with a splash of oil, chilli flakes and sesame seeds.
- Stir in a handful of sliced onions and scallions, cooking until fragrant.
- Crack in two eggs. Once they have started to cook, add a tortilla on top. Gently press down, so that the tortilla sets over the eggs and everything merges as one!
- Flip the tortilla carefully, then add soy sauce, mayonnaise and your favourite hot sauce. Measure everything with your soul, adding as much or as little as you’d like!
- Gently fold the tortilla and DIVE IN!
If you enjoyed this breakfast egg quesadilla hack, you may also like the following recipes:
Saucy Breakfast Egg Quesadilla Hack
- 1 tbsp cooking oil of choice
- 2-3 tsp chilli flakes/ gochugaru
- 2-3 tsp sesame seeds
- handful of sliced onions
- handful of spring onions/ scallions
- 2 eggs
- 1 soft tortilla
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- hot sauce
- Start by gently heating a splash of oil. Stir in chilli flakes/ gochugaru and sesame seeds.
- Once fragrant , stir in a handful of sliced onions and green onions. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Then crack in two eggs. Once they’ve started to cook, cover with a tortilla, gently pressing down to set.
- Then flip and add the soy sauce, mayonnaise & hot sauce (measured with your soul!).
- Gently fold the tortilla and dive in!
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: