If you’re always finding leftover rice and veggies in your fridge, bookmark this recipe to transform staple leftovers into an elevated meal. This Thai Red Curry Basil Fried Rice takes just about ten minutes to toss together and you don’t need more than a handful of other staple pantry ingredients either.
As with all the recipes archived in this foodie’s diaries, this one is endlessly adaptable to whatever you have readily at hand. Just be sure to use fresh basil leaves for the fragrant herby touch they impart to this comforting dish. It is a substantive meal in itself, which can be had on it’s own or as a side to a heartier meal!
Ingredients For Making This Basil Fried Rice
- Leftover rice
- Any cooking oil of choice (coconut oil would be a fine choice!)
- Thai red curry paste (you can use store-bought or make it easily at home with my homemade Thai Curry Paste recipe).
- Leftover vegetables (here we’ve used green beans, capsicum and carrots)
- Coconut milk
- Dark soy sauce
- Fresh basil leaves
- Scallions/ spring onions
- Choice of garnishes, such as kaffir lime leaves and/ or wedges of lime
Thai Red Curry Basil Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- 1-2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- ½ onion, finely sliced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup finely-chopped veggies of choice (you could use green beans, carrots, peppers etc)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- handful of fresh basil leaves (measure with your soul!)
- 1 cup leftover rice
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli oil / hot sauce
- 1-2 tbsp scallions/ spring onions
- choice of garnishes (lime wedges, kaffir lime leaves etc)
- Start by sautéing oil with the Thai red curry paste.
- Add the minced onion and a few cloves of finely minced garlic, cooking for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add a cup of finely-chopped veggies. Stir in 2 tbsp of coconut milk and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Stir in a handful of chopped basil leaves (measure with your soul !)
- Toss in a cup of leftover rice and mix to combine.
- Add finely-chopped scallions, more basil, a dollop of chilli oil and dark soy sauce. Mix everything well.
- Serve hot with lime wedges, kaffir lime leaves and/ more basil.
Enjoyed This Basil Fried Rice
You May Also Like To Browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Browse More Recipes
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: