If I’m hosting a dinner party, I’m definitely making this Jalapeño Popper Corn Dip.
Marrying the craveably-creamy yet subtly-spicy flavours of jalapeño poppers, this corn-speckled dip is as rich an appetiser as it is a cosy snack that’s perfect for when you need a little pick-me-up! It can be made ahead of time too and refrigerated. Just pop it in the oven to bake right before serving!
There’s nothing quite as inviting as the hot sizzle of this intensely-flavourful dip, when ushered to your grazing table with plenty of crackers and crudités to dip in! As with all the recipes archived in this foodie’s diaries, this jalapeño popper corn dip is entirely adaptable , so you can tailor the recipe below to your taste!
Here’s a full list of what you will need to make this jalapeño popper corn dip , with suggested swaps if you’d like to substitute some of the ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Greek yogurt (you can use hung curd instead)
- Mayonnaise (you can swap this for more Greek yogurt/ hung curd)
- Diced jalapeños
- Boiled corn
- Grated melty cheese of choice (we’ve used a mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
- Scallions/ spring onions
Steps For Making This Jalapeño Popper Corn Dip
- Start by mixing together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt and mayonnaise with a beater until you have a smooth and creamy texture.
- Next, fold in the remaining ingredients and season the mixture, tasting to adjust.
- Add this mixture to a skillet/ baking dish and pop it in a pre-heated oven to bake until the dish is golden-brown and sizzling.
- As an optional step, you could remove this dish five minutes before it is done and top with Panko breadcrumbs before broiling for a crispy exterior!
Jalapeño Popper Corn Dip
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt/ hung curd
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (can swap this for more Greek yogurt)
- ⅓-½ cup diced jalapeños
- ⅓-½ cup boiled corn/ canned corn
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated mozarella (can substitute this for more cheddar)
- ¼ cup diced scallions
- salt, pepper & seasonings of choice (e.g. paprika; hot sauce)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Add the cream cheese, greek yogurt and mayonnaise to a large mixing bowl and beat together until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the jalapeños, corn, cheese and scallions. Stir in the seasonings, tasting to adjust.
- Once the mixture is well combined, add it to a 6” or 7” baking dish. smoothen the surface and bake until golden brown (about 20 minutes) and sizzling.
- Optional: you can remove the baking dish about 4-5 minutes before the dip is done and top with panko breadcrumbs, before broiling.
- Serve this dip hot with crackers/ crudites/ nachos/
Enjoyed This Jalapeño Popper Corn Dip?
You may also like to browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: