Mango season is officially upon us and it’s starting to feel a lot like summer. With the temperature soaring (and the heat scorching!), what better better way to cool our heels than with a no-bake recipe starring a seasonal twist. Hello: mangomisu! Our favourite fifteen-year old baker and regular contributor, Elisha Parikh – a.k.a. @Elithebaker – is back with her creative spins on our all-time favourite desserts, this time with an eggless mango tiramisu recipe.
Luxuriating with layers of freshly-diced mango, it’s a treat which sets itself apart with dollops of creamy mango-infused mascarpone too. Finished with a dusting of cocoa powder (and more mangoes of course), it can be assembled in jars or cups for individual servings are your next summer soirée. Catering to popular request, this recipe is also eggless. Enjoy!
Eggless Mango Tiramisu
For the cream
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ mango
- ½ cup softened mascarpone cheese
For the biscuit layer
- 10-15 Italian Ladyfinger Biscuits (these traditional sponge finger biscuits are also known as “Savoiardi”)
- 2 cups brewed coffee, cooled
- 1½ tbsp Baileys (optional)
- 1 mango, diced into small cubes
- unsweetened cocoa powder, to dust
Make the cream
- Start by puréeing half a mango in a blender.
- Mix together the mascarpone, mango puree, and icing sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Set this in the fridge for about a half hour.
For the assembly
- Mix together the cooled coffee and Baileys (if using)
- Dip each ladyfinger biscuit into the coffee mixture for a few seconds. Line them in a baking dish, or in individual cups.
- Add a layer of cream next, followed by a layer of freshly chopped mangoes.
- Repeat this step one more time, before placing in the fridge to set for 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Once set, dust over the cocoa powder, and enjoy!
About Elisha Parikh:
Elisha Parikh, more famously known as “Elithebaker” on Instagram is a self-taught, 15 year-old baker. She loves experimenting with classic recipes as well as creating new ones.
Liked This Eggless Mango Tiramisu Recipe?
You may also like to browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: