Curated by writer-turned-chef Jeena J Billimoria, this No Bake Dark Chocolate and Nutella Tart is exactly as inviting as it sounds.
Effortlessly-easy to rustle up, it comes together with a chocolatey-crust holding up a richly-smooth Nutella dark chocolate ganache. A delicate garnish (gold leaf or chopped hazelnuts) elevates the aesthetic by a nuanced notch, ensuring that this simple dessert will never fail to impress even the most discerning of guests.
Dark Chocolate Nutella Tart
- 150gms digestive biscuits
- 100gms butter
- 20gms unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 200 gm Nutella
- 200 gm heavy cream
- 250 gm dark chocolate
- toasted hazelnuts (Optional: For garnish)
- gold leaf (Optional: For garnish)
- To make the tart crust, blitz the biscuits in a food processor till crumbed. Melt the butter, and stir in the cocoa powder and salt. Once the mixture is slightly cooled, add in the crumbed biscuits and mix well. The consistency should resemble wet sand.
- Use your fingers to press the mixture into a 7-inch tart pan. Use the bottom of a glass or a spatula, to press and secure the mix in an even layer, if needed. Once done, place in the fridge to set for three hours.
- For the Nutella filling, place the dark chocolate, Nutella and heavy cream in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time till melted. Use a spatula to mix well till you achieve a smooth, lump-free and glossy filling. (You can also add chopped toasted hazelnuts to the filling for a special crunch).
- Pour the filling into the chilled tart pan and place it back into the fridge to set for at least four to five hours.
- Once the tart has set, garnish with hazelnuts or gold leaf if desired, and serve immediately.
About Jeena J Billimoria
Jeena J Billimoria is a writer-turned-baker from Mumbai. During the lockdown, she set up her baking business from her kitchen and is now continually expanding her menu beyond her signature repertoire of brown butter madeleines, brownies and sablés. Before she became a baker, Jeena was a writer and editor at HELLO! and GQ. She occasionally consults on freelance editorial projects and posts easy yet exciting recipes on her Instagram page, Three With Jeena B. Follow her @Jeena_J_Billimoria
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – leave a comment below; and tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Still hungry? Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: