There’s really a lot to love about this no bake dark chocolate tart, layered with silky swirls of a banoffee sauce!
For one, it’s a no bake recipe so there’s no oven time involved. The combination of soft and crumbly digestives, intensely-rich dark chocolate and sweet banoffee comes together in an unapologetically-indulgent tart with a luxuriously-luscious texture. Even those seemingly impervious to desserts, won’t help but reach for a generous slice (swiftly followed by seconds!).
As a recipe, it’s endlessly adaptable too. You can swap digestives for Biscoff biscuits or even Oreos if you want to boost the flavour of the crust. Not keen on dark chocolate? Use milk chocolate instead or even a combination of milk and dark chocolate. As for the banoffee – banana and caramel sauce from Sprig Gourmet adds an unabashedly naughty layer of sweetness. If you’re not keen on banoffee however, salted caramel or even dulce de leche would work just as well instead, with these gorgeous toffee-like spreads also available from Sprig!
No Bake Dark Chocolate & Banoffee Tart
- 300 gm digestive biscuits
- 170 gm butter
- 290 gm Banoffee sauce (I use The Banoffee Sauce from Sprig)
- 200ml heavy cream
- 225g dark chocolate
- Sea salt for sprinkling
Make the crust
- Blitz the digestives (in a food processor/ mixer) until you have a crumbly texture.
- Combine the crumbs and melted butter in a mixing bowl and stir together until evenly-mixed and moist.
- Press the crumbly mixture into the base and sides of an 8 or 9 inch pie/ tart pan.
- Refrigerate the crust until it firms up (alternatively, if you prefer a firmer crust you can bake it for 5-8 minutes until golden brown).
Make the ganache
- While the crust is chilling, warm the cream over medium low heat until simmering.
- Pop the chocolate in the microwave for a 15 second burst so that it is just slightly melted. Then pour the warm cream over the chocolate and mix until it comes together in a silky smooth ganache.
Layer the no-bake dark chocolate tarts
- Once the crust is firm, spread the banoffee sauce evenly over the base (quickly microwave the sauce if required to melt it to a pourable consistency).
- Then pour the warm ganache on top and smoothen with an offset spatula.
- Refrigerate the tart until the ganache sets. Finish with a good sprinkling of sea salt and other garnishes as desired!
Liked this No Bake Dark Chocolate & Banoffee Tart?
You may also like to browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediarie