Pandering to popular request, I finally managed to perfect an eggless recipe for blondies, upping the ante with ribbons of melted Nutella swirled into the batter!
For the unfamiliar, blondies are like blonde brownies. They are baked without any cocoa powder, instead setting themselves apart with strong hints of vanilla and the caramelised sweetness of brown sugar. I love using Sprig’s vanilla-infused Demerara sugar to amplify the flavours with the richness of molasses.
The key ingredient for making these blondies is condensed milk! One of my favourite substitutes for eggs by far, condensed milk imparts a chewy and fudgy texture to these eggless blondies which is unlike anything you’ve ever tasted before.
As with all my recipes, this one is as easy to bake as it is endlessly adaptable. You can swap the chocolate chips for funfetti and/or fold in nuts of your choice. Instead of Nutella, you could also swirl in salted caramel, dulce de leche or even Biscoff spread into the batter right before baking these eggless blondies.
Finally, this is a small-batch recipe intended for a 5″ or 6″ square cake tin. Simply double the ingredients listed to bake a bigger batch in an 8″ x 8″ pan.
Eggless Nutella Blondies
- 55 gm salted butter
- 200 gm condensed milk
- 25 gm (2 tbsp) brown sugar (I use Sprig's vanilla-infused Demerara sugar)
- 2½ ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 90 gm all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp Nutella
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 5” square baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter and condensed milk together on medium low heat. Once melted, remove from heat immediately and whisk in the brown sugar and vanilla.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, cornflour and baking powder). Then fold until just combined (don’t overmix!).
- Stir in the chocolate chips while the batter is still warm for a marbled effect.
- Pour the batter into your prepped baking tin and then dollop on the Nutella, using a knife/ toothpick to make swirls across the batter. Don’t over-swirl!
- Bake the blondies for around 15-16 minutes until the sides are firm but the centre is still soft. Don’t overbake if you want soft blondies.
- Let the blondies cool down completely and then ENJOY! You can serve these warm or refrigerate for an even chewier texture.
Liked These Eggless Nutella Blondies?
You May Also Like To Browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: