If you love hot chocolate (and if you know, you know my signature recipe) – it stands to good reason that you’ll love this no-bake hot chocolate pudding. It’s prepared in a similar – superlatively simple – fashion that involves tossing together a handful of store-cupboard staples into a saucepan and giving it all a good whisk until that gloriously-chocolatey mixture thickens to a pud-like consistency with an undeniably come-hither appeal.
A good old fashioned knob of butter is the (not-so) secret ingredient here, imparting a lush touch of creaminess. Speaking of which, a swoop of crème fraîche on top is always a good idea, or you could simply scatter along a sprinkling of cacao nibs for a bittersweet woodsy crunch.
I like to serve these puddings in whimsical cups guaranteed to brighten anyone’s day. You can serve them hot off the stove, or if you prefer – refrigerate them before serving for a more mousse-like consistency. Both options are equally delicious!
No-Bake Recipes: Hot Chocolate Pudding
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch (reduce to 1 tbsp if you’d like a thinner consistency)
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 70 gm dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Add the milk to a pot on medium-low heat. Sift in the cocoa powder, sugar and cornstarch. Add a splash of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Continuously stir the mixture.
- Once the mixture simmering, add the chopped chocolate and butter. Continue whisking until the pudding thickens.
- Remove from heat and strain through a sieve to smoothen the texture (we don’t want any lumps!).
- Top with cacao nibs (optional but recommended). Or you could simply add a swoop of cream or crème fraîche on top.
- Serve straight away or refrigerate if you’d prefer a mousse-like consistency.
Liked This No Bake Hot Chocolate Pudding?
You may also like to browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediarie