I’m not sure what’s going to awe you more about this recipe. The fact that it puts a Pinterest-worthy spin on your brownie fix with hypnotic cheesecake swirls. Or the fact that the recipe has been developed by a self-taught 14 year-old baker who has been baking since the past seven years.
Elisha Parikh, more famously known as “Elithebaker” on Instagram loves experimenting with classic recipes as well as creating new ones. Here she shares with us a recipe of a classic chocolate brownie layered with cheesecake and chocolate swirls. Its gorgeous gooey texture is balanced by the creamy richness of chocolate, with the elegant swirls making it a picture-perfect dessert!
For the brownies
- 1 cup (200 gm) flour
- 1 cup (200 gm) dark chocolate
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the cheesecake layer
- 225 gm cream cheese
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
For the brownie layer:
- Pre heat the oven to 180° C.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate.
- Mix the eggs with the caster sugar and vanilla essence (whisk well to combine). Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and fold to combine.
- Pour ¾ of the batter into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan
For the cheesecake layer:
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie layer. Dollop the remaining brownie batter and use a toothpick to swirl.
- Bake in the oven for around 25 to 30 mins. Allow it to cool completely before cutting.
I’d love to hear from you! Do let me know if you try this recipe – leave a comment below; and tag me in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Still hungry? Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: