I’m not sure what’s going to awe you more about this recipe for cheesecake brownies. The fact that it puts a Pinterest-worthy spin on your brownie fix with hypnotic swirls of cheesecake and chocolate. Or the fact that the recipe has been developed by a self-taught 14 year-old baker who has been baking since the past seven years.
Elisha Parikh, more famously known as “Elithebaker” on Instagram loves experimenting with classic recipes as well as creating new ones. Here she shares her recipe for a classic chocolate brownie elevated by an attractive layer of cheesecake! Its gorgeous gooey texture is balanced by the creamy richness of chocolate, with the elegant swirls making it a picture-perfect dessert!
Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
For the brownies
- 200 gm (1 cup) flour
- 200 gm (1 cup) dark chocolate
- 180 gm caster sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the cheesecake layer
- 225 gm cream cheese
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
For the brownie layer:
- Pre heat the oven to 180° C.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate.
- Mix the eggs with the caster sugar and vanilla essence (whisk well to combine). Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and fold to combine.
- Pour ¾ of the batter into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan
For the cheesecake layer:
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie layer. Dollop the remaining brownie batter and use a toothpick to swirl.
- Bake in the oven for around 25 to 30 mins. Allow it to cool completely before cutting.
About Elisha Parikh:
Elisha Parikh, more famously known as “Elithebaker” on Instagram is a self-taught, 15 year-old baker. She loves experimenting with classic recipes as well as creating new ones.
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediarie