I’m not sure what’s going to awe you more about this recipe for cheesecake brownies. The fact that it puts a Pinterest-worthy spin on your brownie fix with hypnotic swirls of cheesecake and chocolate. Or the fact that the recipe has been developed by a self-taught 14 year-old baker who has been baking since the past seven years.
Elisha Parikh, more famously known as “Elithebaker” on Instagram loves experimenting with classic recipes as well as creating new ones. Here she shares her recipe for a classic chocolate brownie elevated by an attractive layer of cheesecake! Its gorgeous gooey texture is balanced by the creamy richness of chocolate, with the elegant swirls making it a picture-perfect dessert!
How to Make these Cheesecake Brownies
- This recipe involves two separate batters, one for the classic brownie layer and the second for the cheesecake layer.
- The cheesecake layer requires just four ingredients: cream cheese, sugar, an egg and vanilla. Mix everything together (preferably with an electric hand mixer) until softly-smooth and fluffy.
- Once the batters have been prepared, we will first pour ¾ of the brownie batter into the baking pan.
- Next, we pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie layer.
- Finally, we dollop the reserved brownie batter on top of the cheesecake layer and use a toothpick to swirl it in, thus creating the Pinterest-worthy effect for these Cheesecake Swirl Brownies!
Commonly Asked Questions
- No, sadly you can’t bake these brownies without eggs. If you are restricted in your use of eggs, you might prefer our timeliness er recipe for eggless brownies, shared as part of our eggless baking series.
Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- 200 gm (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 200 gm (1 cup) dark chocolate
- 180 gm caster sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the cheesecake layer
- 225 gm cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
For the brownie layer
- Pre heat the oven to 180° C.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate.
- Mix the eggs with the caster sugar and vanilla essence (whisk well to combine). Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and fold to combine.
- Pour ¾ of the batter into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan
For the cheesecake layer
- Mix all the ingredients well until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie layer. Dollop the remaining brownie batter on top and use a toothpick/ knife to swirl.
- Bake in the oven for around 25 to 30 mins. Allow it to cool completely before cutting.
About Elisha Parikh:
Elisha Parikh, more famously known as “Elithebaker” on Instagram is a self-taught, 15 year-old baker. She loves experimenting with classic recipes as well as creating new ones.
You may also like to browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: