More often than not, readers send in requests for egg substitutes in the brownie recipes featured in abundance here on TFD. Now, many purists would scoff at the very notion of eggless brownies given the integral role of eggs in adding a rich lift and moisture to everyone’s favourite chocolatey treat. However, with a bit of alchemy and ingenious thinking from Foodhall Cookery Studio, we present to you an eggless brownies recipe elevated by swirls of salty-sweet salted caramel! Eminently Instagrammable, yes and oh-so-delicious too – bookmark this batch as one you’ll be baking again (and again!).
Eggless Salted Caramel Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and line an 8 inch square tine with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, caster sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the water, oil and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently whisk to combine making sure that all the dry ingredients are well mixed in.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared tin and evenly spread out.*
- Place dollops of the salted caramel sauce onto the surface. Using a knife / skewer, swirl the salted caramel through the batter to create a marble effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- You can pipe / spread some salted caramel over the top of the brownie to finish.
About Foodhall Cookery Studio:
Tucked away at the top of Foodhall@Linking Road, Foodhall Cookery Studio (FCS) is an experimental kitchen and a contemporary venue for cooking classes and workshops. Since the lockdown, FCS have started hosting virtual cook-alongs via Zoom. Discover their globe-trotting line-up of upcoming classes here. | Instagram @FoodhallCookeryStudio
You may also like to browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: