I’ve accidentally, but perhaps intentionally, started creating one-pan breakfasts tossed together with my favourite ingredients (and whatever else I have lying around too!). Cue these one-pan mushroom and feta fried eggs, a pantry-raid of sorts, with minimal effort and time involved but deliciously-hearty results. The compilation of flavours and textures is just surreal with soft shades of umami foiled by a creamy touch and just that right hint of spice from a few surprise add-in’s!
I always find that recreating recipes can be deeply personal so as ever, adjust the suggested base to your liking , swapping in ingredients as you’d like. You could use any mushrooms (or a combination of them!) and if you don’t have (or don’t like) feta, really any cheese would work just as well, be it burrata, goat’s cheese or even a harder cheese such as parmesan.
This recipe is seriously one of those dishes you might just end up eating from the pan itself, but just don’t forget to slide some sourdough on the side to sop up all the best bits!
Ingredients For This One-Pan Mushroom & Feta Fried Eggs Recipe
- Butter for cooking.
- Mushrooms of choice: we have used button mushrooms but any mushrooms work from portobello to oyster mushrooms.
- Spinach, or any greens of choice, such as kale or Swiss chard
- Jalapeños or chopped chillis
- Feta or any cheese of choice. For instance, you could use goat’s cheese/ ricotta/ grated parmesan/ burrata/ mozzarella
- Garnishes, such as scallions and/ or chilli oil (because, if you’ve been here a while, you know that we add chilli oil to just about everything!)
Recipes Smilar To This One-Pan Mushroom & Feta Fried Eggs:
One-Pan Mushroom Feta Fried Eggs
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, sliced lengthwise
- ½-¾ cup leafy greens of choice (spinach or kale etc)
- 1-2 tbsp chopped chilli or jalapeños (optional but recommended)
- 2-3 eggs
- feta (as much as you'd like)
- scallions (optional; for garnish)
- chilli oil (optional; for garnish)
- Start by melting the butter in a pan/ skillet.
- Once the butter has melted, add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook on medium high heat until the mushrooms are soft and brown and the garlic is golden and fragrant.
- Add a handful of washed spinach (or any greens of choice). Stir gently until the greens start to wilt, then add the chopped chillis or jalapeños.
- Stir everything well , then crack in the eggs and cover to let them cook through to your desired consistency.
- Once done, add a crumble of feta on top (or your preferred cheese of choice).
- Optional: you can also add scallions and a splash of chilli oil for garnish. Serve with warm toast and ENJOY!
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: