If you’re looking for a show-stopping snack or appetiser to serve at your next soirée, it’s about time you made these pull-apart pizza sliders!
The star of the show is the roasted garlic herbed butter glazed atop these golden buns. While I’ve used an entire packet of “ladi pav” (soft slabs of bread rolls popular in Mumbai) you can use any loaf of bread rolls you fancy, tailoring this recipe with your choice of add-in’s from chopped bell peppers to jalapeños. You can also use any cheese of choice, as long as its the melting kind!
Steps For Making These Pull-Apart Pizza Sliders
- Start by roasting an entire bulb of garlic in the oven until tender and caramelised.
- Make the herbed butter, by squeezing our the caramelised garlic cloves in melted butter and adding seasonings of choice.
- Slice a loaf of pav/ bread rolls in half.
- Spread a layer of pizza sauce on the bottom half, followed by your favourite toppings. You could add bell peppers, jalapeños, corn etc.
- Cover with the top half of the loaf and generously brush over with the herbed butter.
- Bake until the tops are golden-brown and the cheese has melted, transforming an ordinary loaf of pav or bread rolls into pull-apart pizza sliders!
Pull-Apart Pizza Sliders
Roasted garlic butter
- 1 head of garlic, medium
- olive oil (as required)
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1-2 tsp paprika
- 1-2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1-2 tsp oregano/ mixed herbs
- black pepper
- 1 loaf of pav/ dinner rolls/ buns
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup toppings of choice (finely-chopped bell peppers, jalapeños corn etc)
- 1/2-1 cup shredded mozarella/ melty cheese
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Slice an entire (small/ medium-sized) garlic head in half and drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Wrap tightly in aluminium foil and roast for 30 minutes until soft. Set aside.
- Make the roasted garlic-butter topping. To a bowl, add the melted butter, paprika, chilli flakes, oregano, salt and black pepper. Then gently squeeze out those caramelised cloves and give the mixture a good whisk to combine.
- Slice a loaf of pav in half. To the bottom half, add a generous layer of pizza sauce.
- Add a layer of the toppings of choice.
- Add the mozzarella / shredded melty cheese.
- Cover with the top half of the bread loaf on top and generously brush this over with the garlicky-butter mixture. You can also sprinkle on some parmesan if you like.
- Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the cheese has melted into the crispy buns. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You May Also Like To Browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: