It’s been a while since baked feta pasta took over our Tik Tok feeds and palate, becoming one of the most popular lockdown recipes (and with good reason!). Although viral recipes rarely make a comeback in our kitchens beyond the time they are trending, we found ourselves tinkering with baked feta in different forms over time. After all , there are few things as inviting as the melted creaminess of this salty cheese especially when paired with the right accoutrements! Our efforts bore fruit with this beauty of a baked feta and olive dip of sorts, which came together recently as a last minute appetiser for unexpected guests.
As far as recipes go, this one is definitely a fridge-raid dish tossed together with whichever ingredients and seasonings we had easily at hand. The melty feta is complimented beautifully by the rich flavours of roasted olives and charred cherry tomatoes. Encourage your guests to gently mix it together before smearing generously across crusty slices of bread or salty crackers.
Ingredients For Making This Baked Feta & Olive Dip
- Block of feta
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pitted green olives
- Olive oil
- Seasonings of choice (we used mixed herbs, oregano, dried basil, sea salt and black pepper)
Baked feta & Olive Dip
- 1 block of feta
- ½-1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½-1 cup pitted green olives
- ½ cup (or more) of olive oil
- black pepper
- oregano/ mixed herbs/ seasonings of choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Place a block of feta in the centre of a large baking dish/ oven-safe skillet .
- Add cherry tomatoes & olives around the feta. Drizzle with a generous glug of olive oil & your seasonings of choice. Mix gently until everything is evenly coated.
- Bake until sizzling. The tomatoes would have burst and the cheese melted. Serve with crackers to dip / dunk in.
Enjoyed This Baked Feta & Olive Dip?
You May Also Like To Browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Browse More Recipes
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: