If you’re looking for a good eggless chocolate-chip cookie, your search stops here with the best eggless chocolate-chip cookie dough pot!
Truth be told I had a tough time when it came to titling this recipe, as it can go by so many names from an eggless cookie dough pot to a deep dish chocolate-chip cookie. It’s a gorgeous little number which is exactly as delicious as it sounds like too: cookie dough baked in a little ramekin, small deep dish or even in a mini skillet. With softly-crisp, golden edges encircling a gloriously-gooey centre, this cookie pot is best diligently spooned through with a scoop of ice cream on top!
To make this recipe, you will require a small ramekin; I have used one which is 3-inches in diameter and 2-inches tall. Alternatively, you could simply bake the cookie dough in a mini skillet/ pie dish. Note that this will require a longer baking time and as Nigella herself points out in the original version of her classic chocolate-chip cookie dough pots, “but the ramekins give you a better goo-to-crust ratio, and that’s what these are all about.”
This is a single serving recipe which can be whipped up in just about five minutes (yes, really). Bookmark this as the best eggless chocolate-chip cookie for when you are craving something sweet to treat yourself to.
Eggless Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Pot
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar + 1 tbsp caster sugar (alternatively, you can use 2 tbsp caster sugar if you prefer)
- 2 tsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- chocolate chips (measured with your soul)
- pinch of salt (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter.
- Whisk the sugars into the melted butter.
- Stir in milk and vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into the same bowl. Gently fold to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scrape the cookie dough out into a small ramekin (I used a ramekin with a 3" diameter and 2" height. Alternatively you can also use a small skillet or deep dish). Press a small chocolate square on top (optional)
- Bake the cookie for 7-9 minutes until the edges have puffed, turning golden-brown, but the centre is still soft. It's important not to over-bake this, if you want the inside to still be gooey!
- Let the cookie pot cool down on a wire rack before serving with a scoop of ice cream.
You May Also Like To Browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Browse More Recipes
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox:
I tried this receipe and it’s turned out to be an awesome receipes I came across. No doubt all her receipes I am going to try but here I will talk about the one I made that is Chocolate chip cookie.
It’s super delicious and I enjoyed it along with my parents. You should definitely make this one for you and for your family
Thank you for sharing your Best receipe with us.
Thanks so much Bhagyashree, this recipe is a favourite of our’s at home too!
It’s so kind of you to share all your lovely recipes with your readers. They are an absolute delight and this like the others is super delicious.
I like that your recipes are honest, genuine and from the heart.
I enjoy cooking them and eating it all too 😁
Thank you very very much for your kind words!
This recipe is super easy and quick. I made it for the first time today! This is the perfect quick fix dessert or those sudden dessert cravings 😍
It does hit the right spot doesn’t it! Thanks for sharing!
So yum right out of the oven.. Super easy. Great size for those selfish cravings.
And no leftovers to worry about binging on!