This recipe comes hot on the heels of reader requests for eggless treats (for which we have an entire series dedicated here, by the way). The good folk at Foodhall Cookery Studio have shared their signature recipe for chocolate chip cookies. A simple yet classic treat you can always rely on rely on!
Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 90 gm unsalted butter
- 40 gm caster sugar
- 50 gm brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 115 gm all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 15 ml water (boiling)
- 100 gm chocolate chips
- sea salt to taste
- Cream together the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until it is light and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour till it is incorporated.
- Mix together the boiling water and baking soda. Pour this into the cookie dough and mix to combine into a smooth dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Portion the dough into balls (25-30 g each). Place them into the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes until firm.
- Roll the dough portions into balls and place on a baking tray lined with a silpat / baking paper. Flatten the dough gently and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in a 165 degree C preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
About Foodhall Cookery Studio:
Tucked away at the top of Foodhall@Linking Road, Foodhall Cookery Studio (FCS) is an experimental kitchen and a contemporary venue for cooking classes and workshops. Since the lockdown, FCS have started hosting virtual cook-alongs via Zoom. Discover their globe-trotting line-up of upcoming classes here. | Instagram @FoodhallCookeryStudio
You may also like to browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: