Sometimes, the only thing better than a chocolate chip cookie is a giant chocolate chip cookie, baked in a skillet with ingredients which are healthy-ish enough to make this a justifiable treat on any given weeknight. Think ground almonds, oat flour, coconut oil, dairy-free milks and even flaxseed (for an eggless version)!
Smriti Mehra – Le Cordon Bleu-trained patissier extraordinaire behind the droolworthy desserts of Parfait – shares with us her creative recipe which also happens to be vegan-friendly and gluten-free. Enjoy.
- 50g (1/2 cup) ground almonds
- 85g (3/4 cup) oat flour (plain oats blended into a flour in the food processor; use gluten-free oats if allergic/intolerant)
- 65g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseed + 3 tbsp water (for eggless option; alternatively use 1 egg)
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp milk or dairy-free mylk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /160°C fan /350°F
- Create the flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp milled flaxseed with 3 tbsp water in a small bowl. Leave to set for 10 minutes. Or use 1 egg.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground almonds, oat flour, brown sugar, baking powder.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil, milk, vanilla and the set flax egg (or 1 egg). Mix to combine, then fold in the chocolate chips
- Transfer the mixture into an 8″ cake tin or cast iron skillet and bake for 30 minutes until the top of the cookie has turned golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
About Smriti Mehra / Parfait
Parfait is French for perfection. A fitting name for the company’s impeccable and inexplicably-craveable desserts, ranging from healthy cakes and keto-friendly chocolates to Espresso Tarts, Nutella Marble Crunch Cakes and all manners of creative pastries! Parfait is founded and run by Le Cordon Bleu-trained Smriti Mehra. Follow her on Instagram @ParfaitIndia.
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: