As we soar into summer, there’s nothing as simple (or as refreshing) as a parfait to set a steadying start to the day. Its beauty lies in its elegant simplicity, built on layers of fruit, yogurt and crunchy granola. This creative recipe from Foodhall Cookery Studio (FCS) makes a decadent dessert out of the breakfast classic, taking shape in the form of a luscious mango cheesecake parfait!
Not only is this recipe eggless, it is also a no-bake one – making this creamy parfait the ideal summer dessert! Whip it up for brunch, or as a refreshing dessert to cool your heels with!
For more eggless desserts & classes by Foodhall Cookery Studio, browse their class schedule here.
How To Make This Mango Cheesecake Parfait
- Crushed digestive biscuits form the base layer of this mango cheesecake parfait recipe, texturally making for a graham cracker-like crust. You can use granola instead as a healthy alternative.
- We make this creamy filling by first beating together cream cheese and icing sugar. Also known as confectioner’s sugar, it is important to use only this (and not caster sugar or powdered sugar), as icing sugar contains cornstarch which adds structure.
- Next, whisk in a splash of vanilla extract. You won’t taste it, but even a small dose of vanilla will go a long way in enhancing all the flavours of this cheesecake layer.
- Finally, fold in cold whipped cream. You can whip regular Amul cream to soft peaks before folding this in gently into the cheesecake mixture.
- A mango salad of sorts is the final layer of this creamy parfait, made by puréeing a mango and then folding in some diced mangoes for texture. However, you can just add diced mangos on top as well!
Mango Cheesecake Parfait
- 115 gm cream cheese
- 40 gm icing sugar (reduce slightly for a less sweet cheesecake filling)
- 2½ ml vanilla extract
- 50 ml whipped cream
- fresh mangos, as required
- crushed digestive biscuits, as required
- Beat softened cream cheese with icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract. Whisk together until soft and fluffy.
- Fold in whipped cream. Set aside.
- Use a food processor to puree some of the mangoes. Dice some mango flesh and mix it into the puree. Alternatively, you can just top the parfait with diced mangoes.
- Spoon some of the granola or crushed digestive biscuits into a cup / desired container, followed by some of your cream cheese filling. Top with the mango salad and garnish as desired.
You may also like to browse…
About Foodhall Cookery Studio:
Tucked away at the top of Foodhall@Linking Road, Foodhall Cookery Studio (FCS) is an experimental kitchen and a contemporary venue for cooking classes and workshops. Since the lockdown, FCS have started hosting virtual cook-alongs via Zoom. Discover their globe-trotting line-up of upcoming classes here. | Instagram @FoodhallCookeryStudio
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: