Natural Chef and Founder of Maple & Co, Adria Wu, offers a vegan spin on salted caramel ice cream. Swirling with chocolate and the creaminess of coconut, this recipe features all natural ingredients for a healthy fix to satisfy your sweet tooth this summer!
Salted Date Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream
- 100g medjool dates, pitted
- 85g hot water
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 vanilla bean pod, scrape pod
- 60g almond butter
- 500g coconut cream
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 60g raw cacao powder
- 120ml coconut milk
- Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, blend dates, water, sea salt, vanilla, almond butter.
- Without tipping the cans, scoop out the coconut cream from the cans of coconut milk or use pure coconut cream. Whip with mixer until creamy and smooth then add cocoa powder, milk and the salted date paste. Whip until fully incorporate. Taste and add more sea salt if needed.
- Transfer to a parchment lined loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap to freeze. Freeze overnight. Transfer to a storage container to store up to 1 month.
About Adria Wu:
Born an raised in Canada, Adria left the corporate world to study at Le Cordon Bleu in London and the College of Naturopathic Medicine, with her insatiable hunger for cooking (and eating), leading her to launch Maple & Co, a healthy eating concept with 8 locations in London (and counting).
Adria has long since been a contributor to the Kitchen Inspiration series on The Foodie Diaries, sharing recipes which make eating well deliciously easy! Explore all her recipes here.
There’s nothing which makes me happier than hearing back from you! Please do comment below on how the recipe turns out if you try it at home. And of course, do tag me @the_foodiediaries , as I love seeing your pictures!