Natural Chef and Founder of Maple & Co, Adria Wu, offers a vegan spin on salted caramel ice cream. Swirling with chocolate and the creaminess of coconut, this recipe features all natural ingredients for a healthy fix to satisfy your sweet tooth this summer!
Salted Date Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream
- 100 g medjool dates, pitted
- 85 g hot water
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 vanilla bean pod, scraped
- 60 g almond butter
- 500 g coconut cream
- 20 g desiccated coconut
- 60 g raw cacao powder
- 120 ml coconut milk
- Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, blend dates, water, sea salt, vanilla, almond butter.
- Without tipping the cans, scoop out the coconut cream from the cans of coconut milk or use pure coconut cream. Whip with mixer until creamy and smooth then add cocoa powder, milk and the salted date paste. Whip until fully incorporated. Taste and add more sea salt if needed.
- Transfer to a parchment lined loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap to freeze. Freeze overnight. Transfer to a storage container to store up to 1 month.