Two ingredient chilli oil fried eggs are proof that the best things in life are also the most simple. This non-recipe recipe takes less than five minutes to throw together and is perfect paired with leftover rice, on toast or even atop a ramen bowl.
With over five million combined views and counting on reels, this is definitely one of my most popular breakfast ideas shared to date. As with all the Kitchen Inspiration you’ll find here as part of this foodie’s diaries, these chilli oil fried eggs are endlessly open to adaption. Tailor your’s to your liking with your choice of garnishes and add-in’s, cooking your eggs to your desired consistency.
What’s more you can also swap the chilli oil for chilli crisp; or even a ginger scallion green chilli oil to switch up the base!
Tips For Cooking Chilli Oil Fried Eggs
- Use a good quality chilli oil. We will be using the chilli oil to cook the eggs , so do be sure to use a good quality one. Homemade works just as well as store-bought, so if you fancy making your own chilli oil beforehand, I’m linking my go-to recipes below.
- Swapping in substitutes for chilli oil. What’s more, you can also use chilli crisp (chilli oil infused with crispy bits of garlic and onion!) instead of the chilli oil; or if you’re looking to dial down the heat – why not use a quick ginger scallion oil instead?
- Garnishes galore. While this is a strictly two-ingredient affair, you can pile on any number of add-in’s. I love the toasted nuttiness of sesame seeds and vibrance of scallions/ spring onions, which transform this humble dish into a colourful medley of flavours and textures.
Chilli Oil Fried Eggs
- 1-2 tbsp chilli oil/ chilli crisp
- 2 eggs
- 1-1½ tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp finely-sliced spring onions/ scallions (optional)
- Gently heat a splash of chilli crisp or chilli oil
- Optional: sprinkle scallions / spring onions on top of the chilli oil
- Drop in two eggs. Let the eggs cook for a few minutes until they reach your desired yolk consistency. If required, carefully swirl the skillet to ensure the chilli oil is evenly distributed around the eggs.
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds if you like, and serve hot!
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: