There are blondies and then there are these Oreo Cookie Dough Blondie Bars which up the ante with a plot twist that’s sure to have you reaching for a second square (and then third) to go with your cup of coffee!
If you’ve never baked a blondie before, you’re missing out. Also known as “blondie brownies” – blondies are baked with melted butter and brown sugar, setting themselves apart by their rich notes of vanilla and caramel. Regular readers might be familiar with some of this foodie’s signature blondie recipes, including:
Even if you’ve baked any (or all of these!) before, this new batch might just become your favourite of the lot. After all, there’s a devious satisfaction from biting into one of these blondie bars, knowing the batter was packed chock-full of Oreos! Crisp-edged and chewy, yet soft-centred, these Oreo blondies have an impossibly moist texture and an inimitable cookie dough flavour.
Oreo Cookie Dough Blondie Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (I use dark Demarara sugar from Sprig)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I use Sprig’s Natural Bourbon Vanilla Extract)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 cup Oreo biscuits, chopped into little pieces
- Melt the butter in a wide-bottomed pan. Set aside to cool.
- Pre-heat your oven to 175°C and prepare an 8×8 inch baking pan, lining and greasing it with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Whisk in the baking powder, cornflour and salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Once the melted butter has cooled, beat the sugars and melted butter together until well-mixed and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until the mixture is light and evenly mixed.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients until no visible streaks of flour remain.
- Now stir in ¾ cup of the chopped Oreo cookies, reserving the rest to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the Oreo blondie batter into your prepared tin and smoothen the surface with a rubber spatula/ offset spatula. Add the remaining Oreo cookie pieces on top, gently pressing down.
- Pop the blondies into bake for 16 – 22 minutes (baking times vary from oven to oven). Remove them from the oven when they look *almost done*. The edges will have browned, but the centre will look a tad underdone (with a slight wobble). Be careful not to over-bake in the oven, as if you do, your blondies will be less moist, instead becoming hard. No one wants over-baked blondies!
- Let the blondies completely cool down on a wire rack before slicing them generously and serving. Preferably with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee to dunk in!
Liked These Oreo Cookie Dough Blondie Bars?
You may also like to browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.