Tired of baking just another batch of chocolate chip cookies? The mother-in-law and daughter-in-law duo behind Dough Re Mi are sharing their signature recipe for Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies!
Helmed by Archana Kanoria and Anushree Choudhary, Bangalore-based Dough Re Mi has something of a cult following for their elevated home-catering menu spanning everything from breads and appetisers to hand-crafted pastas, noodles and Asian curries. Having trained at Le Cordon Bleu, pastry chef Anushree is also the mastermind behind their legendary desserts and artisanal sorbets and ice creams!
Here they share this incredibly Pinterest-friendly recipe for soft and fudgy Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. They recommend adding in some chunky white chocolate chips, but feel free to skip this step or fold in milk or dark chocolate chips instead. Simple and easy to make, these cookies are also great as gifts!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup (127g) plain flour
- ⅛ cup (11g) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp (28g) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp red gel colouring
- ¼ cup (45g) white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (32g) icing sugar
- Start by weighing and measuring all of your ingredients.
- Melt your butter and add brown sugar and white sugar to it and stir till combined.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla and whisk.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the red food colouring and whisk to incorporate.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Chill the dough until firm enough to scoop – about an hour.
- Warm your oven to 180C. On a baking mat or parchment lined tray, scoop out 1½ tbsp of dough and roll into balls. You should get about 9 cookies.
- Taking them one at a time, roll them into the icing sugar. Once all the cookies are done, re-roll them in icing sugar once again.
- Bake for 13-14 mins. The cookies will still look a bit wet inside, but this is what gives them that extra fudginess once they cool. Leave for 5 mins on the mat before tucking in; and don’t stop at just one!
Follow Dough Re Mi on Instagram @doughremi_blr
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Browse More Recipes
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox:
Looks great! 😀
Had a silly question, by plain flour do you mean just normal aata? Or all-purpose flour?
any replacement for egg