Is there anything as inviting as a scoop or two of ice cream on a hot summer’s afternoon, especially when the ice cream is homemade and stars the season’s finest fruit? Once you’ve made this effortlessly-easy no-churn mango ice cream recipe, we suspect you’ll never look at store-bought ice cream the same way again!
How To Make This No-Churn Mango Ice Cream
- You’ll start by blending 2-3 mangoes until you have 1 cup of mango purée (with a pulp like consistency). Then, you’ll stir the condensed milk and mango purée together until evenly mixed.
- Next, beat cold whipping cream until you have almost stiff peaks. To make the task of whipping the cream easier, place the mixing bowl and the beaters of your hand mixer in the freezer before using. Remove them only when you’re ready to whip the cream. Make sure your whipping cream is fridge-cold before pouring it in (we use reliable ole’ Amul whipping cream, available via Big Basket or Amazon). You’ll know you’re done whipping the cream when it reaches medium peaks. That is, the peaks their shape up well, but with the tips curling over on themselves when the beaters are lifted. It is important not to over-beat the cream as this can result in the cream curdling.
- Finally, add the whipped cream into the mango-condensed milk mixture in batches, gently folding it in (don’t over-mix!). You can also add vanilla extract at this stage. While we never count vanilla as an ingredient, we never leave it out of any dessert either as it acts to enhance all the other flavours of the recipe!
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-friendly container and pop it in the fridge until set (preferably overnight). Once set, you can eat as is, or decorate as desired before serving.
No-Churn Mango Ice Cream
Whip up the creamiest mango ice-cream with just three key ingredients, the star of which is the season's freshest mangoes! This is a no-churn recipe, so you can easily make it at home without an ice cream maker and without eggs!
- 1 cup mango purée (about 2-3 small/ medium mangoes blended to a smooth pulp consistency)
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Stir together the mango purée and condensed milk in a bowl until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the whipping cream until you have *almost* stiff peaks (about 6-8 minutes). Don’t over-whip the cream as it can curdle.
- Now gently add the whipped cream and vanilla extract to the mango mixture. Fold until evenly-combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container and smoothen/ level the surface. Cover the container tightly with cling-film and freeze for at least 6-8 hours or overnight for best results.
- Once set, scoop it out into your favourite ice cream cups, decorate as desired (I love adding funfetti spinkles!). Enjoy!
- There is no need to add extra sugar given that the mangoes are sweet enough and as we are using sweetened condensed milk.
Liked this no-churn mango ice cream?
You may also like to browse…
Eggless Mango Tiramisu
A summery twist on an a classic dessert, Elisha Parikh's eggless mango tiramisu recipe stars layers of mango-infused cream and freshly-chopped mangoes!GET THIS RECIPE
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Browse More Recipes
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox:
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Easy to make delicious recipe and gives perfect texture like store bought icecream..
So delighted to hear this !
This is such a great and easy recipe…just like store bought icecream 😊👍
Easy-pesy recipe and love the texture will never go back to store bought after trying this! >3
Homemade > store bought ALWAYS!