This recipe comes hot on the heels of the original eggless crinkle-topped brownies on this website! While the hero ingredient remains the same (condensed milk!), this particular batch of crinkle-top eggless brownies sets itself apart with its fabulously fudgy texture. It’s much quicker to stir together too, relying solely on a good quality cocoa powder with no additional steps required for melting chocolate!
Oh and did I mention that the recipe video has been trending on Instagram reels? Do check it out if you need further proof of how easy it is to bake these brownies!
How To Bake These Fudgy Eggless Crinkle-Topped Brownies
- Start by melting condensed milk and butter together in saucepan or in a heat-proof bowl using a double-boiler (further details are set out in the recipe card below).
- Once melted, remove from heat and let the mixture cool down before whisking in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Next, sift in the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder).
- Lastly, fold in chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, before pouring the batter into a 5″ or 6″ square metal baking tin. Remember, that you can always double the ingredients if you are baking these brownies in an 8″ square pan.
- Bake these brownies for just 17-2- minutes. When you remove them from the oven, the edges would be set but the centre should still be soft. These brownies will continue to bake when out of the oven (from the residual heat), so don’t over-bake these eggless brownies if you want them to have that fudgy texture!
- Let them cool down completely before enjoying your first slice!
Fudgy Eggless Crinkle Top Brownies
- ½ cup (200 gm) condensed milk
- ¼ cup (57 gm) butter
- 2 tbsp (25 gm) brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (13 gm) cocoa powder
- ½ cup (60 gm) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup chocolate chunks/ chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line a 5"x5" light metal pan with baking paper, greasing well.
- Melt the butter and condensed milk together either in a saucepan or in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Once melted, remove from heat immediately and let it cool down slightly before proceeding.
- Mix in the brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the cocoa powder, all-purpose flour and baking powder until just combined (don’t over-mix!).
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the baking tin and press some more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes until the edges are set but the centre is still soft.
- Let the brownies cool down before slicing!
You May Also Like To Browse
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: