If you’re looking for a quick, easy and healthy fix for your chocolate cravings, you’ll find it in delicious spades with these buckwheat cookies that just happen to be toddler-friendly too!
Baked with protein-rich buckwheat flour, these cookies are naturally gluten-free, whilst jaggery and raw sugar ensure they remain free of refined sugar too. There is no butter or oil involved; instead A2 ghee lends a soft texture, keeping these cookies moist and full of all the vitamins essential to overall wellbeing. All the key ingredients in this recipe have been sourced from Conscious Food.
Indisputably-healthy, yes, but did I also mention that these buckwheat cookies taste like the real deal, delivering exactly the flavours and textures you’d want of a chocolatey dessert? Go on and get baking to find out! Watch the reel, here.
Healthy Chocolate Buckwheat Cookies
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp corn flour
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup A2 ghee, melted
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- ¼ cup powdered jaggery
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips/ chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper (if you’re using the latter, grease well).
- Pour the melted ghee into a mixing bowl, then whisk in the raw sugar and jaggery until fluffy.
- Whisk in the vanilla and milk.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (buckwheat flour, cocoa powder, corn flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt), then fold gently until your cookie dough comes together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips/ chocolate chunks.
- Form 4-5 large cookie dough balls of equal size, or 8-10 smaller balls (depending on preference). Press down gently with the palm of your hand (ensuring that there is about 2 inches space between the cookies)
- Sprinkle with sea salt (optional) and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges have just about set but the centre is still soft.
- Let the cookies cool down before reaching for your first one! If you can, wait for a few hours, as it takes a while for the flavours to fully set for this recipe!
Enjoyed These Healthy Chocolate Buckwheat Cookies?
You May Also Like To Browse…
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: