Studded with fibre- and nutrient-rich chia seeds, this deliciously-healthy treat is a cross between a creamy pudding and a Reese’ Peanut Butter Cup.
Pairing two classic flavours – chocolate and peanut butter – this recipe is whipped up using all natural ingredients such as cacao and dairy-free mylk. While you can use any plant-based mylk of your choice, I’d recommend oat mylk as it’s much thicker and naturally sweeter than other mylks, yet light on the stomach. The subtle oaty after-kick is also perfect for padding up this pudding!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1½ tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 cup plant-based mylk of your choice (I used oat mylk from Urban Platter)
- ¼ cup chia seeds (I used the chia seeds from Pink Harvest Farms)
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter (I used natural peanut butter sweetened with jaggery from Praakritik)
- 2 tbsp honey (I used raw honey from Praakritik)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional; I I used Sprig‘s Extract of Natural Bourbon Vanilla)
- pinch of sea salt
- cacao nibs (optional as a topping ; I got mine from Mason & Co)
- Sift the cacao powder in a mixing bowl (this will reduce clumps); then add the honey, peanut butter, vanilla and sea salt and whisk to combine well.
- Next, stream in the oat mylk and whisk until smooth. Then add the chia seeds and give it a good whisk to mix it in. Make sure there are no clumps of chia seeds; instead the chia seeds should be evenly mixed so that they absorb the liquid equally.
- Pour the chia pudding mixture into your serving bowls of choice and cover with clingfilm. Refrigerate overnight (or for at least a few hours) until the puddings have set.
- And that’s it! Once set, you can add your favourite toppings – slivered almonds, chopped bananas, a handful of berries… I’m partial to adding unsweetened cacao nibs (think of them as nature’s chocolate chips!) for a woodsy crunch.
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Browse More Recipes
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox:
Loved it! 😍😍😍
You’re a genius 🙌