In continuing with my festive list of things to do, the Kitchen Inspiration series returns to the blog this week with a sticky cranberry pudding from Truc Vert!
This cosy, rustic restaurant is a neighbourhood favourite in Mayfair, known for serving up classic dishes with a French twist and a touch of bon vivant!
Here they show us how to effortlessly whip up a luscious Christmas special at home…
You will need,
- Butter moulds brushed with golden syrup
- 400g cranberries
- 300g caster sugar
- 150ml ruby port
- Place sugar in a heavy bottom pan, with 100ml of Port.
- Bring to boil for approximately one minute
- Add cranberries, turn heat to low and simmer for one hour, (until cranberries are soft, sweetened and liquid syrupy)
- Spoon ½ mixture into four pudding moulds and add the remaining port evenly to each mould. Refrigerate for use later
- The remaining ½ of the syrup mixture is for garnish
- 150g unsalted butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, size 3
- 240g plain flour
- 15g baking powder
- 2 lemons finely zested
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream butter and caster sugar together
- Beat eggs together and add to mixture slowly
- Sift in flour and baking powder and fold carefully
- Add zest and milk
- Spoon mixture into pudding moulds, on top of cranberries. Smooth tops, cover with greaseproof paper and foil, fasten and steam for 45 minutes
- Allow to set for a couple of minutes and serve
If you’re wondering how best to pair this gorgeous pudding, well… tis the season for mulled wine and Truc Vert are letting us in on their signature recipe over on their blog…
Photos have been provided by Truc Vert
This sounds like festive winter heaven!
I totally ate this pudding after photographing. Amazing perk of the job! 😉 x
And what a perk it is!! Planning to cook this up for Christmas in Bombay 🙂 xx