Superfood Moringa Smoothie Bowl
Packed with fibre-rich chia seeds, this creamy smoothie bowl has a distinctive green hue and verdant flavour from nutrient-dense superfood - moringa powder.
- ¾ cup plant-based mylk of choice (see below for a homemade recipe for oat mylk)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (I get mine from Pink Harvest Farms)
- 1 tsp moringa powder (I get mine from Praakritik)
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- toppings of choice: fruits, shredded coconut, granola, cacao nibs (I get mine from Mason & Co)
For oat mylk
- ¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
To make oat mylk
Blitz oats, water and vanilla extract for 30 – 45 seconds until well combined. Don’t over-blend as this can result in a “slimy” texture of mylk.
Strain through a cheesecloth to leave behind the pulp (you can strain twice if needed). This recipe makes a few extra cups, so you can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge; it should stay fresh for a few days.
For the smoothie bowl
Soak 1 tbsp chia seeds in 3/4 cup of oat mylk for an hour or so until the chia seeds have swelled up in texture. We are essentially hydrating the chia seeds to extract their full benefits.
Blitz the chia seed and oat mylk mixture with the frozen banana slices and moringa powder until you have a creamy consistency.
Pour into a bowl and garnish with toppings as desired. Enjoy!