Eggless Mango Tiramisu
A summery twist on an a classic dessert, Elisha Parikh's eggless mango tiramisu recipe stars layers of mango-infused cream and freshly-chopped mangoes!
For the cream
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ mango
- ½ cup softened mascarpone cheese
For the biscuit layer
- 10-15 Italian Ladyfinger Biscuits (these traditional sponge finger biscuits are also known as “Savoiardi”)
- 2 cups brewed coffee, cooled
- 1½ tbsp Baileys (optional)
- 1 mango, diced into small cubes
- unsweetened cocoa powder, to dust
Make the cream
Start by puréeing half a mango in a blender.
Mix together the mascarpone, mango puree, and icing sugar.
In a separate bowl, beat the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Set this in the fridge for about a half hour.
For the assembly
Mix together the cooled coffee and Baileys (if using)
Dip each ladyfinger biscuit into the coffee mixture for a few seconds. Line them in a baking dish, or in individual cups.
Add a layer of cream next, followed by a layer of freshly chopped mangoes.
Repeat this step one more time, before placing in the fridge to set for 6 hours or preferably overnight.
Once set, dust over the cocoa powder, and enjoy!