Bananary, peanut buttery and chocolatey, with the glorious crunch of roasted hazelnuts… these astonishingly easy-to-bake cookies are as deliciously-satisfying as they are virtuous, packing in all the fibre and vitamin-rich goodness of old-fashioned oatmeal.
Made with just five simple ingredients, these cookies are perfect for keeping your little ones occupied in the kitchen and nourished at the same time. You can also experiment with swapping in different nut butters or folding in other add-ins from raisins and dried cranberries to chopped walnuts! Alternatively, you can cut it down to a wickedly-simple two-ingredient banana & oatmeal cookie or even a three-ingredient combination of banana, peanut butter & oatmeal.
The best part? These cookies are nothing short of versatile, doubling as a healthy breakfast and the perfect fix for your sweet or snacky cravings to curb that rumbling tummy!
Banana, Peanut Butter & Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 medium ripe banana + 1 small ripe banana
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a large baking tray with parchment.
- Mash the banana with a fork. Add the peanut butter and stir it together until you have a creamy mixture.
- Add this wet mixture to the oats and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Scoop out your “cookie dough” onto the tray, flattening with a spoon to make a cookie shape. Bake for 15 minutes or so, until the cookies are gloriously-golden topped.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down, before transferring on to a wire rack.
We’d love to hear from you! Do let us know if you try this recipe – you can leave a comment below and/ or tag us in your delicious creations on Instagram @the_foodiediaries.
Latest Instagram Posts
Get the latest reviews, recipes & recommendations, delivered straight to your inbox: